Friday, August 13, 2010

Days since last post . . . .. 1

Ok so, so far I'm keeping on track but it's only been a day so it's not all that hard. I've had a fun day realising just how frickin' small this island is. If you don't know I live in Dublin, the glorious Capital (take that Cork!) of Ireland, the Emerald Isle if you will. Today I had planned to meet up with one of my friends before going for a quick gaming session with that awesome GM I mentioned in the last post. She was delayed due to the fantastic Bus service that we have, so I ended up meeting with the GM first and we waited for her together. Once she joined us, we went down to a small chocolate shop for a hot chocolate and ran into one of the couples we knew.

While waiting for our order, we had a great laugh talking amongst ourselves and watching the reactions of the passersby who tended to walk past at the worst possible moment (see the Coyote, law of.) and had no idea what we were talking about. . . . "The best line in Mrs. Doubtfire, 'Brace yourself Effie!'" followed by roars of laughter and a dirty look by a woman walking by. As she went on I had to look to my friends and say "I think her name was Effie?!" Cue more laughter.

One really good time later we finally finished up and went on our way. We stopped in a grocery store and picked up some fixings for Dinner before heading for the Bus. As we reached a set of traffic lights I noticed the girl standing at the lights was the girl who trained me in for my current job. She had left job just before Christmas and this was the first time I had seen her since then. We had a bit of a catch up as we waited for our bus, but she finally had to get on hers and my GM and I went back to his house.

And that's where you find me now. We've just eaten dinner and might just try get into the planned gaming session before the night is out.

And why the hell not?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment