Monday, August 16, 2010

And then what happened??

First off, I didn't miss the schedule, I had most of this written yesterday but it wouldn't post. So I've added in a bit about last night.

Ok so when I last left you I was supposed to starting a gaming session . . . . but that didn't happen. After cooking our dinner, me spending a fair bit of time blogging and showing the GM an awesome Slam Poet named Taylor Mali (look him up on youtube and watch as many of his readings as you can. My top 3 are "What do teachers make?", "I'll fight you for the Library!" and "Tony Steinberg: Brave Viking Warrior" we had used up too much time and neither of us felt we would have been able to give the game anywhere near our full attention.

So at around midnight he said he'll drop me home. I made sure I have all my gear and headed for the door when I heard him shout from upstairs "You've made a mistake!". I did a quick pat down trying to figure out if I left something up there but I couldn't think of anything missing. So I called back up to him "What did I do this time?" He made his way down the stairs and told me "I'm up now . . . . we're going dancing!" And I said ". . . . ok". We drove into town (which so the opposite direction to my house) and parked in Temple Bar to go into a Bar called the Garage.

We met up with one of the girls from earlier and were there till closing. I did get up to dance . . . but only for one or two songs. (I'm not a big dancer) I sat for a bit, chatted with my friends when they were there and watched the communal pile o'stuff when they weren't. Eventually I got home and stayed up chatting with Nazu till my folks left around 6:30am for a ferry and then I went to bed.

The rest of the weekend was less eventful, I was meeting up with some of my American relatives that are over visiting. We met up, got some pizza and then walked to The Cobblestone in Smithfield as they have a trad session that was recommended to my Cousins. We stayed for a round or two there, before heading over to Temple Bar on the insane mission of trying to find a decent pub that wasn't packed, played decent music (at a reasonable volume) and had somewhere to sit.

This proved to be a tricky task. We stopped briefly into the Auld Dubliner, ended up walking down Fleet St to Westmoreland St before doubling back up Dame St and stopping in the CitiBar for a round. After leaving the CitiBar, we tried to find a bar that one of the Girls had been in on one of her previous visits. She couldn't remember the name of it, or exactly where it was, so I had to work off of a vague description. But we were eventually successful (turned out it was the Mezz) and we got into the bar for what was our last stop of the night.

Sunday was thankfully even more relaxing. I had planned on bringing my Cousins on the Viking Splash Tour which is a fun spin round Dublin city pointing some of the historical landmarks in an ex WWII amphibious vehicle. Unfortunately the tours for Sunday were all sold out. After I rang my cousins to let them make other plans I killed some time in the City before heading home. Once I got home I just chilled, took a shower, cooked a meal and watched some movies while practicing on a Guitar. I was glad of the rest.

Monday was a hellish day in work, the phones wouldn't stop ringing and it was a constant stream of calls, though that does make for a faster day. Once I finished up I confirmed plans with my Cousins to do a session of Karaoke in the Ukiyo Bar. So there was a bit of madness (they tricked me into singing Madonna . . . . . yeaaaah tricked me, that's what happened) for an hour or two before going for a few Drinks in the International Bar.


And why the hell not?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment