Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wo ist meine Handy?

This post is brought to you in association with Sea-Tac Airports free wifi hotspot. (Gods bless them)

I'm sitting in Seattle-Tacoma International Airport after traveling for 16 hours give or take and my deodorent is still holding (I'm extremely impressed). I'm killing time before I get a bus into the city to head to Emeraldcitycomicon! Really excited about this as I haven't been in Seattle for just under nine years. I lived here for three months as part of a course and I regard those months as the best time of my life whilst single. This trip (hereafter referred to as the Triple Threat) is a Birthday Present to myself that I decided to go on after my last trip to Buffalo. I was looking around to see what event were on in Seattle and discoverd to my great pleasure and surprise that Emeraldcitycomicon was happening the weekend of my birthday (this sunday) and thought to myself "Blimey I'm having that".

I'll get the chance to meet the people behind most of my favourite webcomics, comicbooks and some media Celebrities such as Ray Parks (Darth Maul, Toad & Snake Eyes), Mike Mignola (Hellboy though I shouldn't have to say that) Tahmoh Penikett, Aaron Douglas, & Michael Hogan (Helo, Chief Tyrol and Colonel Tigh respectively or as I'll refer to them later the Boys from BSG), Wil Wheaton (Known forever as Wesley Crusher but is also quite a renown blogger) and, probably the biggest one for me, Jewel Staite (Kaylee Frye in Firefly& Dr. Jennifer Keller in Stargate Atlantis actually if you didn't know who she was I don't want you reading my blog . . . . . . .I'm serious, Vamoose yah varmints!) She is so Shiney!

I've packed with me about $60 worth of assorted Guinness merchandise and chocolates as bribes. . . . . . . I mean gifts for some of the Guests and artists and I'm hoping to pick up a lot of swag at the con. I've brought along empty sketch pads to be filled but I honestly don't know if I'll have enough time for everyone I want to see. The con runs till 6 both Saturday & Sunday and after that I'm going to be crashing in a house I found through couchsurfing, I was lucky as it seems to be a busy weekend for most. Of all the requests I sent out I only got one positive reply, not that the negative ones were outright nos, mostly people were out of town or already had people over. One of them had said if she had known the Con was on She would have been going to that and I definitely could have stayed with her but alas she was heading away for the weekend. I'll be hoping to tell a bit more about
the girl I'll be staying with by Monday.

Oh there will be a lot of photos on Monday. I'll be moving onto part 2 of the Triple Threat which is flying down to Biloxi to meet up with a friend of mine. So again I'll have time to kill so sorting my photos from the con and a bit of Blogging should do that nicely.

Ok I'm sure you'll agree I've rambled on for long enough, but in case you were wondering the title of this post is a reference to the fact that I accidentily left my Mobile in Ireland and I'm a little cut off without it. Thankfully I have most peoples numbers on a website because if I didn't I'm not 100% I could dial my home phone number nevermind anyone else. I should be able to get by without it.

And why the hell not?!

1 comment: