Friday, April 17, 2009

Last of the Triple Threat

So I'm back home now. I had no internet access in Buffalo so I didn't get a chance to blog at all.
I was over there to visit with family mostly so I won't go on too much about it and there won't be any photos. I arrived in Buffalo on Wednesday of last week at 22:20 to be met by my Dad and one of my cousins. As we were walking out I get told we're heading for a few drinks before we head home. (I'm sure my Dad's arm had to be twisted to agree to that) So we stopped off in a pub fairly close to where I'd be staying and had a few drinks.

The next day we did a bit of shopping in the Walden Galleria Mall and I had to stop myself from buying Rock Band 2 hardware. There were a lot of things I wanted but didn't think I could get them in my bag. In the end I bought my self a Transformers top (Decepticons Logo of course) in Hot Topic. We got home and chilled for a bit before going out to a restaurant for something to eat with a couple of cousins. It was a nice meal and there was entertainment with a guy performing Frank Sinatra classics as well as other songs.

On Friday we had a party at a housewarming and it was a great night. There was food and drink a plenty and we had a guitar brought along to have a small bit of a sing song. Unfortunately we hadn't brought our songbooks so we were limited to what we could play and sing. We did manage a few tunes both sung and with music, and then just sung and then we handed it over to the Americans who I think managed one complete song before the night was over. We had to leave earlier than I'd have liked but our ride had to get home to be up early in the morning. But I think I can safely say a good time was had by all.

Saturday started with a trip to the Flying Bison Brewery which was a fun trip and educational. I didn't sample anything myself as I don't drink Lagers or Ales but my Dad and Cousins had a great time. One of my Cousins bought a Half Gallon bottle known as a Growler (I still hear Lorraine Kelly every time thats mentioned) which had to be refilled before we left. When we got home we had some BBQ'd steaks for dinner which was lovely the Cousin who was cooking and myself had ours rare and everyone else had their's medium to well done. (So we got the biggest juiciest bits off the grill . . . Drool!) After dinner my Cousin and my Dad both fell asleep even though one of my other cousins had wanted to take us out for a few drinks that night.

Sunday was Easter Sunday and we had a late lunch with our Family before my folks had to head for their flight home. I saw them off from the house and then tried to make arrangements with more cousins for something to do but in the end they just dropped up to the house and we had a quiet night in watching TV. If you haven't seen or heard of it check out Breaking Bad because it's class. It has Hal from Malcolm in the Middle as a Chemistry Teacher / Cancer patient that starts cooking drugs to make sure his family is taken care of after he's gone. I only caught one episode but it was great! Also I passed around a book called the Virgin Project which is an illustrated collection of a load of peoples first sexual encounters. It is a great read and if you can pick one up I highly reccomend it. (www.thevirginproject.com). I picked up a copy for the Gaelcon Charity Auction so if you're there you should bid on it.

Monday was my day to fly home so I packed my bags and watched some TV till my ride came. I pretty much just went through security and got a snack to eat before boarding the plane at the Gate. There was one slight snag. As I headed towards the gate I realised I had left one of my carry ons at the check in desk. It was one of the items I had picked up for the charity auction and completely irreplaceable to me. To make matters worse I had no identification marked on it. I spoke to the girl at the gate and asked if she could contact the check in desk to see if it was still there but she just told me that I'd have to check myself with 5 minutes before the gate closed. Fortunately someone in Delta was doing a better job than I and noticed the pack after I left and had it sent to the Gate so before I had to run off through security one of the other girls at the gate asked what I had left behind and pulled it out from behind her. So a big thanks to Delta required here. If you want to know what was left behind go to Gaelcon this year.

The rest of the trip was smooth sailing. I flew into JFK. Had a dinner before my flight home, strolled through security and only had about a 30 minute wait at the gate. The flight itself was quick and I slept in short naps through out the flight missing most of Marley and Me but I did wae when for some reason they started playing Inkheart which looked really cool until they stopped it before the end because we had to land. So there's a little bit of closure outstanding.
I mean why start it if you won't have time to finish . . . really! I walked through customs with no hassel and was met in the Airport by my Mom. And that's it the last bit of my Triple Threat.

All in all it was great I had a lot of fun & Chaos and still was able to relax by the end.

Now I'm looing at hitting Dragon*Con in September.

And why the hell not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment