Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life gets in the way.

Sorry about missing Mondays post but I'd no internet access outside of work and it's been busy in the Office.

Tomorrow I'll be in Atlanta and the next 4 days after that will be Dragon*Con. . . . . soooo sooo happy! I haven't decided if I'll take my laptop or not so this could be the last post till wednesday of next week. Of course it could go the other way and there could be daily updates (possibly with pictures . . . shock horror). Only one way to find out . . . . .stay tuned!

So one thing I've noticed recently is I like to use scales for feedback. I mean I'll ask someone's opinion and usually push for a quantifier. Maybe it's the years of dealing with telemarketers or answering surveys, I don't know but it's something that's gotten into my mental workings so meh! Though I do like that I have kind of changed it to but my stamp on it. You know how it goes, usually the phrasing "On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being 'w' and 10 being 'x', how 'y' is 'z'?" I've squished it a bit for time constraints.

To give an example or two, I was contemplating asking a friend to pass on my number to a girl we know through one of her friends, but I deceided to ask her opinion on it first. So I text her saying "On a scale of 1 - Batshit, just how crazy would I be to get involved with 'X'?".
Or I was walking through the Office in work earlier this week and I saw the opportunity for a little playful mischief but I thoguht against it as I'd probably get in trouble. So I decided to run it by my Boss just to see his reaction. " So Chief, on a scale of 1 - you're fired, how bad would it have been if I 'x'd' from 'y's' computer to see if 'z' would fall for it? Once he stopped choking and went back to his normal colour we both decided it would have been a very, very bad thing.

Lol, maybe it'll catch on?

And why the hell not?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment