Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to the Grindstone!!

I thought I'd be smart and take some time off after Dragon*Con and rest up. Wasn't entirely a bad idea but I did have some trouble resetting my body clock. The down side was I was coming back in the week of some major Celebrations that we had to ensure went smoothly. It was pretty much all hands on deck, but it was good to see the people I work with.

On Friday night I got to NPC at an airsoft LARP event. I had so much fun doing that. After being run out of town, branded as a plague carrier, and had potshots taken on me, I finally got to do something I always wanted to do . . . . . Turn round, shaking a staff and screaming "You'll regret this!"

The weekend continued on from there, I had a Birthday party for a 6 year old to go to, and between trying to find stop some of the kids killing each other over the toys that were brought as presents and trying out some of the games on the Wii, I had really good time. Later that night I stayed over in a friend's house and watched a couple of movies (Zoolander, Sweeney Todd and A Knight's Tale, they're some really good movies . . . . . don't you judge me). Once I finished up there I went into town and shot some pool with one of my friends.

Of course after a good weekend, there comes a bad week. . . . well it wasn't all bad . . . . . well it was kinda ok. Work was more of the same but Monday night I went out for a Gaming session, Tuesday night I met up with a friend for her birthday so that was fun.

That's pretty much everything up to date, from here on in I'm looking forward to Eirtakon, OctoCon and of course GaelCon.

And why the hell not?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment